my frugal father
Dip Dyed Vintage Wool Blanket Turquoise
Regular price $0.00
Wool blankets are meant to be used and reused, they last a life time. I kept finding vintage blankets discarded and decided that it might be because the trim colours were " wrong" for our contemporary tastes. I dipped dye the ends in a rich turquoise colour. You can faintly see the green line through the turquoise a reminder of what it was before. Because I dye the blanket by hand the colour is uneven and varies
I send along care instructions with each blanket. If wool is washed and stored correctly the age old problem with moths can be curtailed.
Why buy Wool
- Insulating - even when wet
- Naturally flame resistant
- Soil and stain resistant
- Naturally antibacterial
- Wool wicks moisture away from skin
- It grows on sheep! - a naturally renewable fibre
- Durable - a blanket can last for a lifetime
- Easily repurposed when it wears out
- Wool can compost in your back yard.
size 56" x 72"